Monday, January 19, 2009

The True Judge of a Man's Character

So, you may ask, when I exactly knew that the relationship would not work. There were a lot of lies that I was told. As I said before, I was way too naive and trusting. He spent a lot of time with me. As a wife now, I wonder how his wife tolerated him being gone so often and for long periods of time. See, I thought I was really special when he spent Christmas day with me and my family. They had accepted him and thought that he was a nice man. I was giddy inside to know that I was having a baby and that everyone was so kind to him. I thought that it would all work out. I thought that I actually meant something for him to leave his wife and children home to be with me. Twisted, isnt it? Now as a wife, I think that I would not be so tolerant of a husband running the streets. After all, there is no good that can come of it.

I guess the true turning point came to me when I was 4 months pregnant. My brother had been sick in Florida while he was working at the Disney College program. I had gone down with my mother in January (which is definately another posting). John had stated that he wanted to drive to Disney, with two of his three kids. So, being that he was going to pay for it all and hoping that I could spend more time with him, I decided to take the drive with him. Well, his wife did not know that I was going. At the time, his kids were 11 years old and 5 years old. They had never been to Disney. He had told his children that I was the travel planner that was going with them. WOW. Then he told them that he was not allowed to tell their mother that I was with them. I knew that the older son knew what was going on, afterall, how could he not? he was being told by his father to lie to his mother about the trip that they were taking. And, on another note, what was she thinking to let him not take her? Why would she agree to stay home? At this point, when I heard him tell the children to lie to their mother while on a phone call, I knew that there were some serious moral issues. I guess my mother instincts kicked in and I knew that at that point in time, I did not want this man to be any part in this childs life. After all, you can't change the stripes on a tiger. If he does it once, he will do it again. And this theory would prove to be true when he was arrested for his DUI with his other mistress while in Ohio.

I wil give him credit for financially supporting my child from before she was born until currently. All without a court order demanding that he pay me. Actually, dont think that he was an honorable man. He was afraid that I would tell his wife and ruin his family. He payed me in order to keep my mouth shut. I had this huge secret that he was keeping from his wife. He didnt want me blowing his cover so once a month, a check would arrive or he would drive all the way out to drop off cash to my mail box. I am not complaining, as there were times as a single mom that I just couldnt make my ends meet. I had always used the money on my child. I never indulged in it and used it for anything else but her. When she was little, it went to daycare. Once she was a little older and didnt need daycare anymore, the child support went to pay for activities for her that I could not afford. All in all, the money was extremely helpful, even if his motive for giving it was not honorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment