Saturday, January 17, 2009

History Continued

Well, to make a long story short, the relationship with John went back and forth for a few months. I knew deep down that it was not going to go anywhere, as he had children at home, with the youngest being 2 years old. I didn't want to admit it, but I was in for a ride as a single mom. I couldnt think about it. I was in my last semester of college and I would be graduating. After that, I would find a "real" job and start my profession. I look back now and see how God has his hand in everything, even though I did not know him then. He had a plan for me and my child and it did not include John, just not at that point.

We continued to date back and forth for a while. Then when I was nine months pregnant (about 3 weeks before my daughter was born) I went into false labor. John had been working out of state with his job and was stationed there for a few months. At 2am I called him at his hotel room. No answer. I called every 15 minutes or so, desperate to get a hold of him. Finally at about 4am, his cousin answered the phone and told me he was with another woman. I was devestated. I was absolutely sick to my stomach. John denied it, but really where else could it be? It was not like he had any family or friends in Ohio. I had taken the 5 hour drive before to visit him and there were no friends there. I couldn't believe this was happening. I believed him when he told me that I was the only woman he had an affair with, the special woman. Now, here he is, with a wife back home with three children and a mistress who is expecting a baby any day now.

Remember how I said that God was involved? Well, while he was out with this woman, he was pulled over for a DUI. Funny huh? He had no way to talk himself out of the fact that he was with this woman in Ohio when he got the DUI. I guess there is truth to the verse about vengence. God surely does it better than my hands could have done.

Well, two weeks later, it was time for the baby to come. My water broke and I went to the hospital. I was terrifed to say the least. There was no turning back at this point. I had to believe that it would all work out. I called John on his cell phone. He was home here for the weekend. Apparently he was busy with his family at home swimming and could not be bothered by my call. Finally at 5pm (which was a good 8 hours later) he decided to return my call. He made it to the hospital by 7pm at which time I was in full blown natural labor. He was allowed into the delivery room, only for a brief time. I was in so much pain both emotionally and physically that I could not even look at him. How could I have been so blind? So naive? So completely unaware of his true character? He went to touch my hand in the delivery room and I demanded that he leave immediately. He hesitated only briefly until my father threatened to forcefully removed him from the room. So there I was, with my father at my head coaxing me and my mother at my feet. She was born fairly quickly. John was no where to be found as I sent my parents to go find him. He had left to go eat and completely missed her birth. I have no regrets for this, as I stated, God was in control of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment